The Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies
Women & Gender
A complete Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies application consists of these required components:
- • a submitted online application;
- • the online submission of the required supplemental items as a PDF (See this template, which provides greater detail.);
- • doctoral transcript; and
- • two (2) letters of recommendation.
Basic steps for each of these can be found below.
• All submissions must be properly labeled.
• Inquiries may be directed to [email protected].
• Applicants are responsible for ensuring all of these components have been correctly labeled and submitted prior to the October 15, 2016 11:59 p.m. ET deadline.
• Incorrect file labeling may delay the processing of the application.
• It is strongly recommended that all components be submitted at least one day prior to the application deadline to ensure the documents have been received.
• You will be able to login and return at any time to your account to edit your personal information, change your password, start and/or complete your application, and verify receipt of supplemental items.
• If all components are not received by deadline, the application will be incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Go to the application site. It is recommended that you save the web page as a bookmark.
- Create an account/fill out the required information.
- Click the SUBMIT button before October 15, 2016, 11:59 p.m. ET.
- A. Obtain a copy of your doctoral transcript. The transcript may be official or unofficial for the initial submission. Finalists will be required to submit an official transcript. Save it/all pages into a single PDF file, correctly labeled.
- B. Prepare cover sheet, abstract, proposal, bibliography, timetable, personal statement, and C.V. (See this template for the proposal document, which provides greater detail.)
- C. Save into a single PDF file, correctly labeled.
- D. Return to your account page and scroll to the bottom. Click on “Submit Supplemental Items.” Upload the transcript and the proposal document in the supplemental items section of the online application.
- • Immediately upon saving your application, return to your account page and scroll to the bottom. Click on Submit Supplemental Items.
- • In the Recommendation Request Section, click on Start next to each listed letter of recommendation to initiate the recommendation request process. This will initiate an email request to your recommender to submit a letter.
- • After entering your recommender’s name and email address, you will have the opportunity to include a personal note in the notification email. It is strongly advised that you provide a “submit by” deadline in this area for your recommenders.
- • Once you have started the process, your recommenders will receive an email requesting they submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. They have the option to accept or decline this request. Recommenders who accept the request will be taken to an online form where they will enter some information before uploading and submitting their recommendation letter..
- • If a recommender declines your request to provide a recommendation, you will be notified by email. If you receive a “decline” notification, you will need to return to your account page and “Start” a new recommendation process with a different recommender.
- • You also have the ability in this same area of your account page to change a recommender by clicking on Cancel and then following the procedures to Start a new recommendation process with a different recommender, or to Resend a request to one of your recommenders, if necessary.
All components are required. The deadline for all components is October 15, 2016.
Note: You will be able to track receipt of your letters of recommendation in the supplemental items section of your application. It is your responsibility to follow up with your recommenders to ensure that they have submitted their online recommendation prior to deadline, October 15, 2016, 11:59 PM EST. We strongly recommend that Letters of Recommendation be submitted as early as possible to ensure they are received prior to deadline.