Access & Opportunity
- The MMUF Travel and Research Grants provide assistance in completing research prior to the start of dissertation writing.
- The 2019 application is closed. For 2020 information, check back in fall 2019.
- The MMUF Dissertation Grants support doctoral candidates nearing the completion of their dissertations.
- The 2020 application deadline is November 29, 2019. The new online application will open mid-september.
- The Career Enhancement Fellowships create opportunities for junior faculty members to strengthen their tenure dossiers and connect with faculty colleagues who can mentor them through the tenure process.
- The 2020 application deadline is October 25, 2019.
- The Career Enhancement Adjunct Faculty Fellowship seeks to increase the presence of MMUF Fellows among tenure-track faculty in core fields of the arts and humanities.
- The 2020 application deadline is November 8, 2019.
- For MMUF Fellows, The Mellon Mays Gap Assistance Program (Mellon Mays GAP) helps Mellon Mays Fellows who have recently graduated maintain their graduate school ambitions and progress towards an academic career.
- Mellon Mays GAP events and track starts happen throughout the year. For more info, email [email protected].
- The Woodrow Wilson MBA Fellowship in Education Leadership recruits and prepares outstanding leaders for schools and districts in participating states.
- The Mellon Emerging Faculty Leaders Award is designed to support junior faculty as they work towards achieving tenure.
- The 2020 application deadline is December 3, 2019.
- The Course Hero-Woodrow Wilson Fellowship for Excellence in Teaching aims to shape the next generation of college professors and instructors to be innovative, effective, and inspiring educators.
- The 2019 application is closed; Please check back in fall 2019.
Religion & Ethics
- The Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships support the final year of work on Ph.D. dissertations dealing with ethical or religious values in fields across the humanities and social sciences.
- The 2020 application deadline is November 15, 2019.
- The Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowships are state-based programs that seek to attract talented, committed individuals with backgrounds in mathematics, science, engineering, and technology into teaching in high-need urban and rural secondary schools. There is currently one state program. Other states are expected to launch Woodrow Wilson state teaching fellowship programs in the future.
- The Woodrow Wilson Pensylvania Teaching Fellowship. Application deadlines: October 15, 2019 | December 3, 2019 | January 30, 2020
- The Woodrow Wilson HistoryQuest Fellowship, developed with the Institute of Play in New York City, offers professional development for middle and high school American history teachers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The program aims to use the power of games, play, and digital tools to transform both teacher practice and student engagement. In the long term, it may also provide a new disciplinary resource for university-based teacher preparation.
- Please check back for more information in spring 2020.
Women & Gender
- Since 1974, the Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies has been the only national program supporting original, significant, interdisciplinary doctoral dissertations on women’s issues.
- The 2020 application deadline is October 15, 2019.
For information about the Foundation’s past programs, click here.
Application deadline and program updates
Sign up for our application mailing list to stay up to date on the various WW programs and their deadlines and updates.