The Foundation is preparing for the next cycle of Fellowship programs. Applications for most programs will open in September. Please note, if you are applying for multiple Fellowships, use the same username and password for all applications. You may access each individual Fellowship application at the specific url listed below.
If you would like to receive notification when the applications open or more information about program deadlines and updates, please sign up here.
For information about the Foundation’s past programs, click here.
Access & Opportunity
- The MMUF Travel and Research Grants provide assistance in completing research prior to the start of dissertation writing.
- The 2021 application will open in December 2020.
- The MMUF Dissertation Grants support doctoral candidates nearing the completion of their dissertations.
- The online application is now open: https://wwnff.embark.com/apply/mmufdissertation
- The application deadline is December 1, 2020.
- The Career Enhancement Fellowships create opportunities for junior faculty members to strengthen their tenure dossiers and connect with faculty colleagues who can mentor them through the tenure process.
- The 2021 application cycle is now closed. The 2022 application will open in fall 2021.
- The Career Enhancement Adjunct Faculty Fellowship seeks to increase the presence of MMUF Fellows among tenure-track faculty in core fields of the arts and humanities.
- The online application is now open: https://wwnff.embark.com/apply/cefadjunct
- The application deadline is November 6, 2020.
- For MMUF Fellows, The Mellon Mays Gap Assistance Program (Mellon Mays GAP) helps Mellon Mays Fellows who have recently graduated maintain their graduate school ambitions and progress towards an academic career.
- Mellon Mays GAP events and track starts happen throughout the year. For more info, email [email protected].
- The WW MBA Fellowship in Education Leadership recruits and prepares outstanding leaders for schools and districts in participating states.
- The Mellon Emerging Faculty Leaders Award is designed to support junior faculty as they work towards achieving tenure.
- The online application is now open: https://wwnff.embark.com/apply/mefl
- The application deadline is December 2, 2020.
Religion & Ethics
- The Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships support the final year of work on Ph.D. dissertations dealing with ethical or religious values in fields across the humanities and social sciences.
- The online application is now open: https://wwnff.embark.com/apply/cwn
- The application deadline is November 16, 2020.
- The WW Teaching Fellowships are state-based programs that seek to attract talented, committed individuals with backgrounds in mathematics, science, engineering, and technology into teaching in high-need urban and rural secondary schools. There is currently one state program. Other states are expected to launch Woodrow Wilson state teaching fellowship programs in the future.
- The WW HistoryQuest Fellowship offers professional development for middle and high school American history teachers in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The program aims to use the power of games, play, and digital tools to transform both teacher practice and student engagement. In the long term, it may also provide a new disciplinary resource for university-based teacher preparation.
Women & Gender
- Since 1974, the WW Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies has been the only national program supporting original, significant, interdisciplinary doctoral dissertations on women’s issues.
- The online application is now closed. The 2022 application will open in fall 2021.
- The WW Higher Education Media Fellowship aims to increase the number of journalists with the tools and networks to provide richer and more comprehensive coverage of postsecondary education, particularly career and technical education.
- The online application is now open: https://wwnff.embark.com/apply/hem
- The application deadline is December 11, 2020.
Application deadline and program updates
Sign up for our application mailing list to stay up to date on the various WW programs and their deadlines and updates.