Career Enhancement Adjunct Faculty Fellowship
The 2019 application will open September 1.
Application Deadline: November 9, 2018
Award Notification: Mid-February 2019
The Career Enhancement Adjunct Faculty Fellowship seeks to increase the presence of MMUF Fellows among tenure-track faculty in core fields of the arts and humanities. The Fellowship, funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, supports the Mellon Foundation's mission to strengthen, promote, and, where necessary, defend the contributions of the humanities and the arts to human flourishing and to the well-being of diverse and democratic societies.
About the Program
The Fellowship, funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and administered by the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation, provides each Fellow with a six-month period during which to focus on the research and scholarship necessary to secure a tenure-track position. Two fellowships are awarded each year.
- A $10,000 maximum stipend
- Six-month award period (cannot be deferred)
- One assigned mentor
- Funding to attend one conference with mentor
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- • Mellon Mays undergraduate Fellowship Programs alumni
- • Adjunct faculty in one of the designated fields (see fields here)
You can download the application here.
- • Teach one course during the Fellowship period
- • Complete the proposed research
- • Submit a final report including a plan for application to tenure track positions
|Application Deadline||November 9, 2018|
|Final Selection||Mid-January 2019|
|Award Notification||Mid-February 2019|
This is a tentative schedule of events for the selection and announcement of the 2019 Career Enhancement Adjunct Faculty Fellowships.
For more information about the program and application materials, contact: